SEXTON REQUIRED ST COLUMBA’S PARISH CHURCH
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Sexton at the above Church. This person will be responsible for general cleaning duties (4 hours per week) and making ready the Church for Sunday Services.
- Ability to maintain premises clean and tidy to a high standard
- Willingness to undertake further training if and when required
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be punctual, dependable and in good health
- Must be in sympathy with the ethos of the Church of Ireland
- Must be flexible in terms of working pattern and hours required to complete the tasks on Saturdays
- Experience in handling cleaning products in a previous role
- An understanding of Church life and the groups which use the premises
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Demonstrable organisational, communication and planning skills
- Be unrestricted by Northern Ireland Access in working with children and vulnerable adults
If you are interested in this position application forms are available from the Churchwardens or may be downloaded from the link below.
Completed application forms must be returned on or before Thursday 31st August 2017.